Thursday 4 November 2010

CAD Elective

This last week has been our CAD Elective. I decided I wanted to design some skateboard graphics.

The other day I popped into the Vans shop in Leeds and was chatting to a really nice guy called Mark who let me take some pictures. We had a chat about New York, skating, fixed gear, vinyl figures and hipsters. They have a ramp in there but unfortunately because of the insurance it's only displaying clothes, and no skaters.


The following pictures are the finished concept boards with both skate deck graphics and t-shirt graphic ideas. Please excuse the quality of the photographs, they were taken on my iPhone.




The main image used was a parrot, I layered up patterns and text on the board. I then used elements from the parrot to create the t-shirt graphic repeat patterns. I also used the text 'this aint no paradise.'


No comments: