Saturday, 22 January 2011

Oasis Brief.

 These are some of the images I've been working on for the Oasis brief. They've all been done in Illustrator using images I've drawn.

I've been playing around with a few different colourways. I wanted the designs to be neutral. The red's vibrant, which I like but not for this project.

The following image is only partly finished. I'm working on a swatch to place in the background. All these images are A2 size which means some of the detail doesn't show up so well on here.

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Dec/Jan update.

 The following drawings are part of my collection for Indigo in Paris. I'm using deconstructed images of insects to build up layers.

I digitally printed out some A4 sample backgrounds that I could try out a few different techniques on. Mostly to see how my designs would work.

 Firstly I discharge printed different samples of images onto the digitally printed backgrounds in strips. I love the green and brown background and the moths wing background. Both worked really well when discharged.

I didn't discharge print on the following images as the background was more sparse. Instead I printed over the top with a soft brown on one, and an off white on the other. I liked the colours but I didn't like the backgrounds as much. 

After discharge printing on the backgrounds I also printed gold binder over the top. It doesn't show so well in the images but it looks really effective on the silk. Again the green, brown and gold look really lovely. I think I'm really going to go with those murky colours and gold binder with my final images.

As well as the collection for Paris I'm also working on the designs for Oasis. This first image is a part of my mood board which is looking at the theme Garden Party. I'm thinking of garlands of flowers with lanterns in soft pastels.

At the moment I'm drawing as many flowers as I can to build up the garlands of flowers I want to use.