Friday 14 August 2009


Here is a quick update of my scarf designs. The image above and the next two below are my seed head design. I took the seed head I'd drawn and scanned it into Illustrator to duplicate it in a few different sizes. I actually ended up using only one size of seed head on my design, but I may add some small ones. I haven't decided yet.



It took me about 2 and a half hours to lay out this design onto the film. I drew a grid in pencil which made it easier to place the seed heads in a repeat pattern. This design is going to be 55cm x 55cm in size when printed.



For my next design I have decided to use a quote from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which can be found on the Amnesty International website. I am an Amnesty International supporter and I like the idea of highlighting world issues through design. The quote I am using is; 'All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.' I found a font that looks like an old typewriter font and have used this as my template. I have started to trace the letters onto the film. I am repeating the quote across the scarf in rows in order to make a pattern. This scarf is going to be 65cm x 65cm in size when printed.

No comments: